Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Approaching the Paranormal with Caution


Ghosts have become a big business. Lately, everywhere you turn places are offering ghost walks, ghost hunts or haunted events. While it's nice seeing the paranornal get exposure, the down side is that many places have started fabricating hauntings to bring in tourism money.

This isn't a new concept. People have been faking ghosts for hundreds of years. Psychics would hold pretend seances, photographers made fake ghost images and people easily fell for their schemes.

Nowadays, people will set up speakers to create fakes noises, ghost hunting teams fake evidence, and people do all kinds of thins with photoshop.

It's become incredibly important for people to be vigilant about what they believe. I always assume evidence could be fake when it's coming from someone I don't completely trust, until I've had time to study and understand it better. If you're interested in the paranormal, approach everything through the eyes of a skeptic, but be open to the possibility that there could be more out there. You might even find something that surprises you.

4 comments:

  1. If ghosts are on the rise, I'm glad my release is a ghost story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More people believe in ghosts in this country than in global warming. I think that's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW you should review "The Conjuring." I'd like to read your review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ghosts are a pretty big business. I want to see that one, but I'm not sure if I'll get to see it in theaters. If you happen to see it you will have to let me know how it is.

    ReplyDelete