Monday, January 9, 2012

Attracting Ghosts

Over the years, people have gone to all kinds of lengths to attract spirits to them. Early on people held séances with mediums in an attempt to communicate with the other side. People still sometimes try to interact with the dead this way. People will use Ouiji boards or dowsing rods as a way to talk to ghosts.  I’ve also seen a lot of ghost hunting groups using all kinds of equipment that they hope might bring about a spirit. My own group has even done some experimenting with our equipment to see if we could use it to bring more out. I’m always open to the idea of experimenting with new technology.

But so far, I haven’t seen anything that really seems to increase the probability of interacting with a spirit. In my opinion, most spirits come and go as they please. They interact with us whenever they feel like it, often when we aren’t expecting it.

I love the idea of being able to ‘bring out’ ghosts with something as simple as electricity or a spiritual ability, but for now, I’m not convinced this is possible. I really hope some day someone shows me something to change my mind.


Do you think people have the ability to call or attract ghosts? Why or why not?

7 comments:

  1. If we can just figure out how those traps work in Ghostbusters, that might be enough to draw those ghosts out of hiding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not convinced that ghosts are real. But if they are, then it makes sense that people could attract them. For me, it all depends on whether they are real or not. If that's so...then there is an afterlife (which I don't believe in). And with an afterlife...there's got to be some kind of heaven or hell or purgatory...all these doors open. As an atheist...there just is no proof for me. But I do have the ability to "suspend disbelief" for a while in order to be scared in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love one of those traps David.

    Michael, i've always kind of thought of atheism as a disbelief in god, but never really equated it with a disbelief in an afterlife. It's an interesting system. I totally get the suspend disbelief thing, as people have to learn to to that in so many things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all. First of all. I am a quite "normal" human being. Raised very bapist. Ghost are attracted to me. At first it frightened me, but now, I live with it. They have scared the wits out of my children a few times. But, they come and go as they wish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they can be summoned if they choose to be. My only visual encounter took place directly after bringing up ghosts in a conversation late one night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real is al i half to say

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ghost are attracted to the color green

    ReplyDelete