Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Psychic Detectives



There have been a lot of missing persons cases in the news lately. It got me thinking about the phenomenon of police working with psychics to solve cases. In some ways, I think this is totally fascinating. The idea of people being able to help locate missing people or save lives with just their minds would be an amazing thing. My curiosity got me researching it a bit and I was slightly surprised by what I found.

There was almost no real evidence of psychics actually solving any cases. There are tons of websites, groups, TV shows and documentaries about psychics working various agencies to help solve crimes, but if you are looking for solid, hard evidence, you might be out of luck.

Many people have claimed to have helped solve various crimes, but there is rarely enough evidence to back up their claims. It’s not surprising that most police agencies deny any involvement with psychics. Following tips brought in by psychics can eat up a lot of time and money, so discouraging psychic involvement makes sense from a business stand point.

I would actually love to come across real evidence that someone with psychic abilities was able to help assist in solving a case, so if anyone knows of any proof out there, feel free to send it my way.

 

What do you think? Can psychics help solve crimes? Should police try and work with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment