Monday, April 9, 2012

Interview with a Ghost Hunter-Marcus Haug


Today I’m interviewing fellow ghost hunter Marcus Haug. Marcus is the lead investigator of North Ohio Paranormal and has been investigating the paranormal for more than 5 years. I put together all the great question you guys asked and added a couple of my own. 



Do you believe in ghosts? Why?

Yes. I believe because of my experiences when I was a child.

How old were you when  you became interested in the paranormal?

5 years old. I saw a ghost in my bedroom. It was standing over my bed.

What drives you to go out in the night in search of ghosts?

To prove to myself they are there and to see what happens when you die.

Do you believe ghosts can only be human?

They can be anything. Animals..people..whatever.

Why do you think ghosts have not passed on to the afterlife?

Different reasons. To get a message out or because of a quick brutal death.

What kind of equipment do you use? Is it expensive? Can anyone procure it?

Yes, it is expensive. Anyone with the ability to purchase it can get it. We use night vision cameras, digital recorders, motion sensors, lasers.

What’s the most haunted place you have heard of? Would you go there?

There are so many… Mansfield reformatory, Waverly Hills, Prospect Place. Yes, I would go there.

Is there a place you really don’t want to investigate.

No, I’d investigate anything.

What’s the most boring part of ghost hunting?

Looking over evidence.

Has any ghost hunter ever been killed or injured by a ghost? How did it happen?

Injured…definitely. There’s speculation about people being killed. Some investigators have been scratched or had things thrown at them.

Has anyone ever brought you out to investigate on false pretenses? How did you handle it?

Yes. Someone called me out that was trying to fake evidence. Once I caught on I left.

Has anything ever shaken your conviction in the paranormal?

Only when people fake evidence but I’ve seen ghosts and I know they’re real.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent interview and thank you for asking our questions, Alyson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. You've seen ghosts, but what do they look like? What was the feeling you got when you saw a ghost. Did the temperature drop like it does in Supernatural? Or is that all t.v. hokum? did the apparition give off its own light or did it resemble a normal human being?

    ReplyDelete