Monday, July 2, 2012

Ghost Story

There have been several times in my life where I’ve seen ghosts. It’s a hard experience to describe, because there’s really nothing like it. Today, I’m going to share one of those experiences.

I went with another group member to scout a site we thought might be haunted. We like to look at places in advance to make plans for our investigations. As we pulled up, there was one of those little ticket booths where people collect money for parking. I noticed a lady sitting in the booth so as we slowly drove up the driveway, I started rolling down my window.

The person driving asked me what I was doing. “I’m rolling down my window to give some money to the lady,” I said.

His response? “What lady?”

As soon as he said it I turned and looked. We had just pulled up to the ticket booth-and no one was in it!

I didn’t want to look completely crazy so I started looking around, thinking maybe she had stepped out or ducked down. “The lady in the booth,” I said in defense. “She was wearing a red shirt.” But the more I searched the more I realized there was no way someone could have left without us knowing. The booth was tiny and in a large open area.


To this day I have no idea who the woman was. I just hope she isn’t stuck working in a ticket booth for eternity.

3 comments:

  1. Are you pullin' my leg? Were you smoking weed or drinking alcohol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. No drugs or alcohol were involved. It was just a boring Saturday afternoon.

      Delete
  2. that's impressive. Mind you every time I go through a ticket booth on a highway it looks like the people have been trapped there for an eternity

    ReplyDelete