Here’s my short list of some behavior to be avoided while ghost hunting.
- Run. Sometimes stuff happens on ghost hunts and people get spooked. It’s never a good idea to take off running. Mostly because you could hurt yourself, but also because your fellow investigators will laugh at you later.
- Act like you know what you’re talking about. The second you insist things always/never happen a certain way, the exact opposite is guaranteed to occur. This happens in ghost hunting and life in general.
- Get angry or emotional. Spirits seem to target people who are in a bad place emotionally. If you show how you are feeling, you could easily be a target for something nasty.
- Do nothing but goof around. I like having fun on ghost hunts and we all joke around, play pranks on each other and have a good time on occasion. But if that’s all you are doing on a ghost hunt, you’re cheating yourself out of some really amazing experiences because you will miss what’s going on around you.
- Fall asleep. It’s easy to get tired when you work late in the night and spend hours just sitting in dark rooms. But if you fall asleep you will definitely miss any chance of interacting with the spirit world and you’re really just wasting your own time and energy. You can always just stay home and sleep. Caffeinated drinks have become a staple on ghost hunts.
Can you think of any other things to NOT do on ghost hunts?