Sunday, February 20, 2011

Umm...Writing Contest???

So I've been noticing that many of my readers are writers (very cool) and kicking around the idea of doing some sort of paranormal writing contest on here. But before I make an official decision to do a contest I want to make sure there's actually an interest out there. I'm thinking it would be for short stories or poems with some sort of paranormal element. The prize (or prizes) will mostly be bragging rights and maybe some sort of virtual ribbon the winners can put wherever they like. Some of the winners will have their entries featured on the blog as well.

I think it would be a lot of fun to read what everybody is writing. So let me know if you would be interested in seeing some reader submitted stories or even in sending in material. If there's enough interest, I'll give it the green light and post the actual rules and submission info. And if there's not much interest, I'll just carry on blogging! What do you think? Want to get in on the fun? Leave a comment (or e-mail) and let me know!

4 comments:

  1. This could be interesting. Paranormal is such a huge category and because of that, you might see some interesting submissions. Of course...it could be a lot of work too. That's the downside :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds interesting to me. I hope you get a lot of response with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing, I'm willing to embarrass myself and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael,it probabaly will be pretty time consuming, but I rarely consider reading work, so I'm hoping it will be the kind of job I consider fun. :)

    I hope so to Jennifer, I think it would be really interesting!

    Ryan, I hope you decide to submit something if I go through with it. And I highly doubt you would be embarassing yourself.

    ReplyDelete