When I first started ghost hunting several years ago most of my knowledge about ghosts was limited to the stuff I picked up watching scary movies. I’ve come a long way since then and thought I would share some of the information I’ve figured out over the years.
- It doesn’t have to be dark for a ghost to appear. Or Halloween. Or Friday the 13th. The truth is, I’ve actually encountered more paranormal activity in the middle of the afternoon. For me, it seems like ghosts appear at completely random times. You will have a hard time convincing me there’s any real evidence to support all those theories about ghosts being more active after dark.
- Ghosts aren’t out to get us. Do people sometimes get injured by things they can’t see? Of course. But in my experience, most of those interactions are either accidents or the result of someone provoking an entity to do something. If you ask a ghost to hurt you and it does, the only one you can blame is yourself.
- There’s usually a reason ghosts are hanging around. Many of the EVP’s our team has captured are voices asking for help or telling us to get out of their space. Even though I can’t completely understand it, I’ve come to the conclusion that ghosts stick around because they either want to accomplish something or don’t want to leave behind a place or person they cared about.
- Ghosts seem to be able to see us. And hear us. At least some of the time. I’m not sure if they just catch glimpses of us or if they always know we’re around, but they definitely acknowledged us. I’ve heard EVP’s responding to things our team has done, heard my team member’s names called by disembodied voices and I’ve seen objects move on request. I think they want to interact with us as much as we want to interact with them.
- Ghosts are everywhere. And I don’t mean that in a creepy ‘they’re all around us’ sense. What I mean is that just about every culture in the world has some sort of belief in a spirit world. When people in almost every part of the world claim to be seeing the same sort of thing, it certainly makes you question what’s really happening.
I want to keep studying ghosts because I want to understand them better. For every bit of knowledge we learn about them, a hundred more questions are raised. Maybe someday we will really know what is happening but for now we just have to keep searching.