1. Fall asleep. If a ghost is going to do something interesting, it will probably wait until your eyes are closed.
2. Say something stupid. During a ghost hunt everything you say and do is being recorded. Everything you say is on camera, and that stuff never goes away.
3. Brag about how awesome a ghost hunter you are. If karma doesn’t get you, the ghosts will.
4. Cry. There’s no crying in ghost hunting.
5. Run away screaming when something frightens you. Your teammates will never let you live it down. And they will play the footage over and over. And over.